This guide will show you how to connect Traede with your MailChimp account.
Before we get started, make sure you have the following:
- An active MailChimp account and subscription.
- Room for more audiences in your MailChimp account.
- B2B Buyer email and currency are attached to the customers you want to sync.
Prepare the installation in Traede
To install the MailChimp integration, log in to Traede and navigate to the "App Store" button in the menu. You will be taken to the Traede App Store where you can find the MailChimp Integration. Once you've found it and click "Install" and choose the "Install" tab.
In the data field called "Access token" is where you shall write the token that we are going to generate in MailChimp by following the steps below.
Creating your Access Token in MailChimp
- Start by accessing your MailChimp.
- Once logged in, click in the right-hand corner where your user is and choose "Account" in the dropdown menu.
- Choose the "Extra" tab and click on API in the dropdown menu.
- On the API Keys page, scroll down a bit and create a new key by press the button "Create A Key". This should add a new key to your list.
- Copy the API Key in the column called "API Key" and go back into Traede.
👍 To make sure you know what this API Key is used for in the future, you should organize it by writing "Traede" in the label column that currently says "none set".
Finishing the installation in Traede
When you're back into Trade, paste the copied API Key into the data field called "Access token" and hit the "Install Mailchimp" button. Once completed it should give you a "Settings" tab instead of the "Install" tab and the installation is complete.