This guide will demonstrate how to setup correct pickup orders flow between TRAEDE and Shopify.
The correct flow
Below is a description how how a correct pickup flow is
- The customer creates a pickup order in Shopify. Note it's important that the order is actually a pickup order and that the customer is not just choosing a shipping method named Pickup. More on this under "How does real pickup orders look in Shopify".
- In TRAEDE the shipment should automatically be marked as a "Customer will pickup" shipment (see below). If it's not marked correctly you might have missed a step in the setup described further down
- Once packed the shipment will now move to the "On hold & warehouse pickup" section on the fulfillment dashboard. TRAEDE will now mark the order as "Ready for pickup" in Shopify. Shopify will send an email to the customer saying they can pick it up
- Once the customer has picked up the order mark the order as picked up on the fulfillment dashboard in TRAEDE
- TRAEDE will now complete the order in Shopify and close it. Since it's a pickup order Shopify will not send a notification to the customer
How does real pickup orders look in Shopify
Some webshops just create a shipping method named "Pick-up" or similar. Shopify can not tell that this is a pickup order - it just looks like any other normal order ready to be shipped. "Real pickup" is when the customer selects the special pickup delivery option in checkout (see below)
Inside the order in Shopify you will also see that it has been marked with Delivery method Pick-up.
This means that it's an actual pickup order, and not just an order with a shipping method named pickup
Setting up Shopify for pickup orders
Inside Shopify go to Settings -> Shipping and delivery. Under "Local pickup" make sure to activate Local pickup on your location. If the customer buys a product that is in stock on that location they will be able to choose local pickup during checkout
Inside TRAEDE go to App Store -> Shopify. Find your Shopify shop and click Edit. Add your location to "Import POS orders from this location as web orders"