- In Shopify you have languages. Your store has as a default language and then you have other languages. The default language is the language that is on the “normal product fields”. So if your Shopify store has default language = Danish, then in the eyes of Shopify the “normal product name field” is danish. You can see the default language in Shopify.
- Each Shopify market is attached to one language. So you might have multiple markets, e.g. United Kingdom and France, which has different currencies but they both point to the language English.
- It’s important to know that when we sync product data, Shopify will not allow to create the default language as a translation. So if your default language is Danish, then we cannot add translations to it. The Danish value is just whatever is written in the normal product fields
- The value that is taken from Traede -> default language is determined by the “Product locale prioritization” on the shopify shop settings. So if all your values in Traede is english, but the default language in Shopify is danish, then Traede will “put english values in what should be danish fields"
- The value that is taken from Traede -> secondary languages is determined by the “Product locale prioritization” on the market settings.
So all in all. If you have TRAEDE default language = English, Shopify default language = Danish, then you probably need to enter Product locale prioritization = Danish (plus activate fallback) on the shopify store settings